To book a place on one of our tours you must provide your contact information and a minimum deposit of approximately ⅓ of the tour total cost. Each tour has a reservation fee payment option on the website or you may contact Summit to Seashore to arrange to send a cheque, money order or bank transfer. After 90 days prior to tour start date you must pay the full cost of the tour to reserve a place on the tour. See Payments for more details.
If you prefer to pay by cheque or money order we will give you 10 days from the time you notify us to send the cheque etc before we release your place for someone else. Contact us for details.
You can make a reservation or tour payment via the website using paypal. Paypal allows you to choose either your paypal account or credit/debit card to make your payment.
150 days + prior to tour start date: deposit required, 5% discount to anyone who would like to pay in full during this period.
149-90 days prior to tour start date: deposit required. No discount. Other payments can be made anytime and for any amount.
70 days prior to tour start date: full payment required
If you cancel your reservation 150 days before the tour start date you will receive your deposit and any other monies paid, less a £100 admin fee, or you may transfer to another person at no charge.
If you cancel your reservation between 149 and 90 days before the tour start date you will receive your reservation and any other monies paid, less a £100 admin fee, or you may transfer to another person at no charge.
If you cancel your reservation between 90 and 70 days before the tour date you will not receive your deposit. Some monies not allocated may be returned. This depends on the tour and terms set up with suppliers.You may transfer to another person at no charge.
If you cancel your reservation after 70 days prior to the tour start date you will not receive your deposit or any other monies paid towards the tour. You may transfer to another person if there is still ample time for the person to book flights and acquire travel visa’s and/or immunisations, malaria tablets etc..There will be a £100 administrative fee to transfer to another person.
- Pre 150 days: full refund
- 150-90 days: deposit not returned, other monies refunded, allocate to future tour
- 90-70 days: refund not returned, some monies not allocated may be returned
- 70-tour date: no refunds will be given
Changes to the tour itninerary
The itinerary may change or the tour may have to be cancelled depending on factors out of our control such as weather and flight delays, political upheaval, military action, terrorism threats etc.. The tour leader’s decision on an alternative itinerary or cancellation is final. If the tour is cancelled because of political or other unforeseen external circumstances prior to 30 days before the tour start date you will receive a full refund unless otherwise stated on the specific trip. If the trip is cancelled within 30 days of the tour start date you may not receive all monies depending on terms set up with other suppliers. See insurance section of this FAQ.
No one likes to lose money due to an unforeseen tour cancellation. Tours sometimes get cancelled either by the tour operator or by you. All tour participants are required to purchase insurance to protect your investment.. Also see Insurance and liability.
Summit to Seashore do not book flights at this time but can recommend flights that connect conveniently with the tour. It is the responsibility of all guests to get to the pick up point as specified.
Most tours have some time built in near the beginning that will allow some flexibility for you to catch up easily when you arrive. If you are late, for any reason, it is your responsibility to notify the tour leader. You will be responsible for any additional transportation fees.
If the cost of lodging, transportation or other tour costs increase we reserve the right to increase to cost of the tour. If the cost increase exceeds 10% you reserve the right to a full refund.
Passports, visas and immunisations
- Visa check – many countries require a travel visa. It is usually quite a simple process for British citizens but depending on your country of origin and citizenship there may be longer waits for travel visas. Please make sure you apply for a travel visa at least 6 weeks ahead of scheduled travel.
- Passport check – you must have a valid passport to travel to other countries. Many countries have specific requirements (For example: In The Gambia you will need a passport valid for at least 90 days following your departure date).
- Immunisations and malaria tablets – some countries require or recommend travelers to have certain immunisations and to take malaria tablets. Check with your GP well in advance of travel for advice on immunisation.
What is included?
- All of our tours include the following:
- Professional birding guide(s)
- Local transportation including from pick up point (usually the local airport)
- Birding checklist for the area
- Entry fees to parks and conservation areas
- Highway tolls and ferry costs
- Gratuities for specialised guides, drivers etc.
Some tours include
- Meals (each tour has a full itinerary detailing the meals that are included)
- Snacks and water (some snacks and water are provided on tours- see details on your tour)
- Extra tours (example boat trips, guide to a lek etc.)
Tours do not include
- Airfare (see the flights section of this FAQ)
- Airport fees and taxes
- Alcoholic beverages and extra meals, snacks and beverages
- Travel and health insurance
- Cancellation insurance
- Visa fees or required immunisations
- Anything of a personal nature.
We will do our best to accommodate any special requests. Please let us know if you have any medical conditions or history that may affect your ability to participate on hikes, walks etc so we can do our best to find an alternate route or plan for you.
If you are vegan, vegetarian or require a gluten free or other special menu please let us know when you reserve so we can make sure there is an option for you at meal times.
Responsibility and liability
When participants make a reservation or pay for a tour or tutorial with Summit to Seashore Birding Adventures they are agreeing to the responsibilities, liabilities and terms set out here.
It is the responsibility of each tour participant to purchase their own insurance covering cancellation of the tour and/or flights, and medical insurance. Make sure you consider the tour location when you purchase your policy. (Examples: mountain evacuation, remote access with limited serves etc.) Summit to Seashore Birding Adventures (‘S2S’ or ‘Summit to Seashore’) and its leaders are not responsible for any damages, loss, injuries or death during any excursion.
Summit to Seashore Birding Adventures will not be held responsible or liable for the following on any tour or tutorial led or arranged by Summit to Seashore Birding Adventures:
- loss or damage to personal property
- personal injury
- loss or damages caused by delayed flights or other modes of transportation
- death, injury, damage, loss or accidents which may occur as a result of any vehicle defects
- death, injury, damage, loss or accidents caused by 3rd party suppliers such as drivers, captains.
- Loss or damage of baggage in transit or on the tour
- conduct of any 3rd party suppliers such as park staff, drivers or hotel staff or owners
- Respect for other guests is important so everyone has an enjoyable trip.
- Respect any rules and restrictions in conservation areas and country laws and traditions.
- We expect our guests to treat all animals and wildlife with the highest level of respect. Any bad or illegal behaviour towards wildlife will not be tolerated and result in immediate dismissal without refund.
- Photography code of conduct – all guests are expected to keep a safe and respectful distance from animals including birds. Your tour leader will explain this in more detail on the tour.
Please always feel comfortable reporting any problems or concerns to your tour leader or anyone at Summit to Seashore Birding. We want you to have an amazing and memorable holiday so don’t stew. Tell us and we will make every effort to resolve any problems or issues that might be causing you distress. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.